Darrell P. White
CALL ME: (949) 878-9787
- Complex Business Disputes
- Real Estate
- Financial Services
Mr. White is a business trial lawyer specializing in complex business disputes across a myriad of industries. As a master storyteller, Mr. White is called on to defend and prosecute high-profile matters. His clients include large corporations and institutions generating billions in revenue annually, multinational corporations, and entrepreneurs. He has recovered more than $21 MM in settlements for his clients since co-founding the firm and defended his clients in disputes worth much more.
Throughout his career, Mr. White has worked with and against the largest law firms in the world. He prides himself on delivering top results and creating value for his clients, both large and small. In addition to litigation matters, Mr. White provides outside general counsel services to clients across the banking/financial services, entertainment, hospitality, manufacturing, construction, real estate, and restaurant industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. White practiced with a large international law firm. There, he represented financial institutions in both state and federal courts in actions arising from the Federal Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and other consumer financial regulations. In addition, Mr. White represented financial institutions in mortgage and foreclosure litigation.
While at a mid-size, California-based law firm, Mr. White also represented clients in Private Attorney General actions, Prop. 65 actions, qui tam matters, trade secret litigation, and shareholder derivative actions.
Notably, Mr. White’s real estate experience includes representing apartment owners and developers, handling commercial real estate disputes, and assisting manufactured housing community owners and operators in mass-plaintiff (i.e. failure to maintain), landlord-tenant, and operations-related actions. He has also assisted manufactured housing community owners with various resident meetings by presenting informational seminars as well as conducting Park Rule and Regulations meetings. In addition, Mr. White is a California Department of Real Estate licensed Real Estate Broker.
In furtherance of the Firm’s core value of public service, Mr. White serves on numerous philanthropic and non-profit boards in Orange County and the Southern California area.
- Fowler School of Law, Chapman University, Orange, California
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Rising Star”- an honor reserved for the top 2.5% of lawyers in Southern California
- Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star (2014 – Present)
- 2016 Neighborhood Hero Award presented by City of Santa Ana, ComLink
- 2016 – Moderator for Diversity Symposium, Chapman University School of Law
- Super Lawyers – 2022
- Super Layers – Rising Stars from 2014-2020
- Orange County Bar Association, Board of Directors (2019-Present), Judiciary Committee (2021-Present), Pro Bono Committee, Real Property Section, Business Litigation Section
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Orange County, ABTL Report Editor (2020-Present), ABTL Asst. Editor (2017-2019)
- Public Law Center, Board of Directors (2021-Present)
- Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, Immediate Past President (2019), President (2018), President-Elect (2017), Board of Directors (2014-2019)
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Liaison to the Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights and Responsibilities, (July 2016-Present)
- Hispanic 100, Mentor (2017-Present)
- Inn of Court, Member (2016)
Current Employment Position
- Quoted in Daily Journal “Seismic Shift: The loss of a child propelled Judge Andre De La Cruz to refocus his career on helping others.” November 20, 2018. https://t.co/7JeHGgUsm3
- Ronald Hendry v. Bushnell Outdoor Products, Inc. et al., G054112 (Super. Ct. No. 30-2015-00805957) https://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/G054112.PDF (August 20, 2018)
- “Who’s Who in the OCBA the Affiliate Bars,” Orange County Lawyers magazine, an official publication of the Orange County Bar Association, (featured not authored) Vol. 60 No. 6., (June 2018)
- “Trying Your Case to the Millennial Generation” presented with Joshua M. Kimura to Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County, Barcelona, Spain CLE Trip (May 27, 2018)
- “Worker’s Compensation and Employment Law” webinar presentation, moderator (April 25, 2018)
- “Legal Updates for 2018” presented to franchisees of national fast-food chain headquartered in Irvine, CA (April 2018)
- “Brown, Groban Should be Commended,” Letter to the Editor, Daily Journal, Vol. 131, No. 46, (March 8, 2018)
- “Raising the Bar,” OCBJ, Philanthropy column, (featured not authored) Vol. 41, No. 14, (April 2, 2018)
- “President’s Message,” Orange County Hispanic Bar Association, Newsletter (monthly) (January 2018 – Present)
- “Using Demonstratives to Effectively Communicate Complex Business Cases to a Jury”, co-author with Sherry S. Bragg, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, ABTL Report, Volume XIX No. 2, (Summer 2017)
- Beachcomber Management Crystal Cove, LLC, et al., v. The Superior Court of Orange County et al., G054078 (Super. Ct. No. 30-2016-00839339) https://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/archive/G054078.PDF (June 28, 2017) as covered by multiple media outlets including National Law Review: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/california-court-appeal-holds-llc-s-former-counsel-may-represent-insider-defendants
- “Advance Conflict Waivers and Disgorgement Under Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP v. J-M Manufacturing” presented to Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County, Panama CLE Trip (May 29, 2016)
- Fowler (Chapman University) School of Law, Social Justice Symposium, Moderator (March 3, 2016) http://tinyurl.com/jlbqo5p